Apologies to anyone hoping to download my UI compilation last night. I tested out the installation on two of my characters, as well as one of my wife’s toons on a separate computer. Everything went like clockwork, but I wanted to run one more test, so I asked a friend of mine to install it on his machine. There were a couple of issues. Nothing major mind you, but I wanted to address them nonetheless.
The bulk of the problems were a result of his screen resolution. Since my UI was designed to work on a 1920×1200 resolution monitor, it’s only going to work out-of-the-box for those of you running at that res. However, I took some steps last night that should hopefully make adjusting it a lot easier for users with different resolutions.
Basically, what I did was parent and anchor the remaining KgPanels so that they would stay fixed to the various addon modules should they be moved. I also parented all of the unit frames to each other, so that they remain in balance should the UI Scale be modified.
While doing these things, I made a couple of other minor changes to improve things a bit, but with no drastic cosmetic overhauls of any kind.
My plan is to have it available on the site at some point today, but we’ll see how things go. I want to make sure that transitioning to my layout is as easy and seamless as possible. 🙂
Protip: Don’t dismount for a screenshot on the tallest spire above Dalaran unless… you’re an engineer, or… you want to experience mounted bear base jumping without a chute.