I’m making every effort to reply to all of you on a timely basis. Many of you should have received replies today, but if you haven’t, don’t fret. I’ll get to it as soon as I can. Rest assured that if you did submit an article, I will personally respond. I’m just a little behind is all.
Plus, there’s so much Huntering that needs to be done in Icecrown Citadel. 😉
That said, I am overwhelmed by the number of quality applicants. I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to conduct the selection process, but it ain’t gonna be easy. 😕
HuntsmansLodge.com is looking for contributors.
That’s right… If you don’t get the WoW.com gig, you may still be able to have your voice heard over here. 😀
Adding other writers to the site is something I’ve thought about for the past few months. I even drafted up a help wanted post back in September, but ended up leaving it unpublished. Since then I’ve tried my best to maintain the site as a one man operation, but it’s come time to expand and share the load.
I want additional input, different points of view, and some new blood in here. I’m also looking for niche oriented players who can offer more depth into certain aspects of game play. I’m not looking to change the flavor or attitude of the site necessarily, but mainly to enhance it and just add more valuable resources. 2, 3, 4, 5… heads are always better than one, in my opinion. This will also allow me the freedom to discuss the things I truly want to talk about and share, therefore increasing the quality of my posts.
It’s a win-win situation. I get to breathe a little easier, you get more frequent and fresh content, and some aspiring Hunter bloggers get to receive some recognition and acclaim for their efforts.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, then continue on…
People interested in contributing should have…
- Capable writing skills – This hopefully shouldn’t be too difficult for many of you, as you only have to be at least as competent as I am. 😉 I’m just looking for writers that can submit a finished article that requires very little to no editing.
- Experience with, and a passion for the Hunter class – Duh…
- At least one particular aspect of game play that they are steeped in – This could be: raiding, PvP (BGs, Arena, world), soloing, farming, lore, roleplaying, etc…
- Three ideas for potential articles – I’d like three ideas for topics, along with 2-3 sentences describing the scope of the article.
- An example article – I’d like at least one article of at least 500 words that demonstrates your ability as a writer, as well as your knowledge and passion.
That’s not too much to ask, is it..?. Right… I didn’t think so.
Ideally, this is what I’d like to get:
- a face-melting Gladiator on board to discuss arena tactics and strategy.
- a DPS god who can theorycraft like Rain Man.
- a seasoned and active raider who can break down encounters and offer up tips to help others succeed.
- individuals that stay on top of current news and upcoming changes.
- players with charisma and charm that can write engaging articles.
I don’t have a minimum weekly requirement, but I would like to see at least one article per week. In addition to that, it’s important that the author monitor their articles’ feedback and reply to readers’ comments accordingly.
Unlike the WoW.com position, mine is unpaid. Although I do obtain a small revenue via advertising on this site, it doesn’t even cover a fraction of the time invested, nor the out of pocket expense for hosting fees. Writing for HuntsmansLodge.com will be purely a labor of love for you, just as it is for me.
That’s not to say there won’t be any fringe benefits that go along with it. Not only will you be writing articles concerning a subject you’re knowledgeable and passionate about, but you’ll be presenting them to a built in audience consisting of hundreds of subscribers and thousands of visitors per day. This provides for an excellent opportunity to share your thoughts, ideas, and advice with others; as well as to commune with a vast portion of the Hunter community.
Creating and maintaining your own blog is hard work. I’ve taken care of the difficult part, which is attracting thousands of people per day to this site. Now all you have to do is entertain, inform and enlighten them. 😀
I’m in the process of preparing for a complete overhaul of the site, which is yet another reason I need assistance with content. I’m hoping to coincide this roll-out with the introduction of some new faces on here.
This post will remain stickied for a week, but there’s no deadline for application submissions.
Please e-mail the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the provided form below:
- E-mail address
- What you feel you would contribute to the site.
- Areas of interest and expertise, ie: raiding, PvP, soloing, lore, roleplaying, etc…
- Example topics you’d like to write about.
- An example article of at least 500 words, demonstrating your writing ability and knowledge of the Hunter class.
If you have any further questions concerning the application process and/or what’s required of you, please comment below or contact me directly.