Please consider registering
May 29, 2010
Taken from http://www.wowhuntershall.com
Kalliope and others at Petopia have been working to track down all of the new rares after deciphering the cryptic riddle posted yesterday by Miacoda. The clue that one of the beasts is nearby is the appearance of tracks. Only hunters using their tracking abilities can see the tracks. Once tracks are found, a hunter must follow the tracks while using Flare to reveal the beast.
The new beasts are:
- Bloodtooth, a lvl 85 black-spiked dragon turtle that leaves Muddy Tracks in the Krasarang Wilds
- Bristlespine, a lvl 88 blue porcupine that leaves Puzzling Tracks in Kun-Lai Summit
- Glimmer, a lvl 85 red and white armored water strider that leaves Flooded Tracks in the Jade Forest
- Hexapos, a lvl 90 white fen strider that leaves Mysterious Tracks in the Dread Wastes
- Patrannache, a lvl 85 pink crane that leaves Barely-Visible tracks in the Valley of the Four Winds
- Portent, a lvl 90 Quilen that leaves Dusty Tracks in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Portent comes in four colors: blue, green, purple, and red.
- Rockhide the Immovable, a basilisk that leaves Worn Tracks in the Townlong Steppes
- Savage, a lvl 85 white Siberian tiger who leave Bloody Tracks in the Jade Forest
- Stompy, a lvl 88 blue goat that leaves Heavy Tracks in Kun-Lai Summit
Additional notes gathered by Kalliope:
- They have an elite gold dragon rather than a silver one.
- As of right now, you follow most tracks BACKWARDS. (Savage is an exception.) Instead of following the toes, you follow the back of the prints to the next fresh one. This is counter-intuitive and may change in the future.
- The beasts’ paths are long, winding, and often confusing when you have no visual. If you see tracks going in different directions, then the beast likely turned around.
- Old tracks eventually despawn. (Unsure of timer.)
- If you’re having trouble seeing tracks, turn down ground clutter. It makes a huge difference in some zones.
- Phasing issues impact some of the beasts, so if you haven’t completed the quests in certain areas, you may lose the trail through no fault of your own.
- Though all the beasts are red (aggressive), they only aggro people who are standing in a flare with them.
- Flare seems to tag for your party. (May need confirmation on this.)
- You can hunter’s mark them, but only while they’re in flares. Then they remain visible to the marking hunter.
- If a non-hunter attacks your beast, they will lose aggro once the beast leaves your flare zone.
- Try to flare ahead of the most recent tracks. If you only flare on the latest you’ve found, you may miss the beast.
- For fun: scare beast works on them.
For more information including pathing areas and screenshots of all the new beasts and their tracks please see the following threads at the Petopia forums:
Most Users Ever Online: 485
Currently Browsing this Page:
AFK for a bit: 366
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:Tonyburgos, Nautsit1, kimly451451n, ntanzi elvis, buycanadianpassport, Simettjohn2, carlosgray, billtomson02, magic money brotherhood occult, wanviwir2, Khemical
Moderators: Anj: 461, Takaas: 870, Niika: 1012, Drach: 491, Drackmire: 0
Administrators: Garwulf: 1003