May 6, 2010
and thought I'd check in, say "hey" to my fellow Lodgies and let you all know about some extraordinarily good luck I've had in game since my return.
DISCLAIMER: This is probably going to get long. You've been warned.
So first off, "Hey Lodgies! It's nice to be back."
Next: My return.
So I was out for 4 months or so due to massive overload at work causing ALL of my fun time to turn into family time (which is fun too, don't get me wrong). When things calmed down enough at work that I could get back into the game, I was pleased as punch to see all the cool stuff I'd get from the Scroll of Resurrection (SoR). One of my buddies that I work with who plays WoW as well really wanted the mount so I told him to shoot a scroll my way. The SoR is cool because it lets you claim your rewards (like the level boost and realm transfer) AFTER you've had a chance to logn into the game and make a new dude on your own realm that you can send over to the realm that your friend plays on. Some tips for those who might go the SoR route:
1. DO make a toon on your home realm first to transfer over to the new realm. (This allows you to set that toon up with a little bit of sustenance to make the transfer to a new realm easier.)
2. DON'T forget to pack your bags! I cannot stress this enough! (I was not smart enough to do this and I'm paying for it in terms of having to grind money all over again. Blizz only lets you put 300g on a toon that you want to realm transfer if that toon is lower than lvl 30. Despite the fact that your toon will be loaded up with Frostweave bags once he trnasfers, spend the money to buy bags and load them full of stuff for the move.)
3. DO pack things in your bags to sell on the AH for quick cash. (If I had been smarter, I would have compared AH prices on items you're sure will sell and pack ones you can make an instant profit on. Non-combat pets, gems and enchanting scrolls are good items to start with.)
4. DON'T forget to pack a set of glyphs you want for your new toon. (I forgot to do this (despite having a max lvl scribe) and I'm paying dearly for it. Granted, the people in my friend's guild have been helpful but for ones I needed to buy I'm getting KILLED by the AH prices on the new server.)
5. DO take along profession bags if you know what professions your toon is going to have. (But MAN did I forget what a PAIN IN THE A$$ leveling professions is! UGH! If there's one thing that sucks about the new SoR, it's that you can't chose professions and have them leveled at least to WotLK levels.)
That being said I created a new hunter (naturally!) to transfer. I made a worgen because I wanted to do the starting area for them and they have a sweet racial ability. I made the transfer once I got the tophat from the quests. Once I transferred I set to leveling my professions (skinning and engineering) and searching for Spirit Beasts.
I maxed out my LW in 2 days. I'm at 220 (I think) in engineering. I killed the rare spawn demon in SMV that drops the combat monocle so my worgen's going to have a cool looking one with an orange lens (If I don't decide to sell it first, I guess). I FOUND AND KILLED THE TIME LOST PROTO DRAKE when I landed in Frosthold to search for Skoll. No joke. He was just right there in front of me when I flew from the FP toward the Skoll spawn point due N of Frosthold. Talk about PUMPED!
So anyway, that's my update. I hadn't realized how much I missed huntering and the super fun stuff I get to do as a hunter (like tame SBs and other cool pets). I CAN'T WAIT for Stampede in MoP.
Hope you are all doing well. It's nice to be back.
"At the end of the day, only two things matter: intelligence, phat lewtz and survivalfulness!"
Hey lawman, welcome back, and thanks for sharing all of that great info and good fortune!
I've been out of it for awhile as well, but I'm anxious to get back into the groove. I got on for a bit of PvP this week and reminded myself how much fun this game is - especially when you play a hunter.
Sounds like you've been having some fun playing your new Worgen Hunter...and sheesh...what luck you had with the TLPD.
Anyway man...thanks for checking in. It's good to hear from you.
May 28, 2010
Good to hear from you and nice to see your back in the game. Lots of nice things possibly headed our way with Mists. I've been testing stuff in beta and so far like the things I'm seeing.
Good to see you as well. It's been awhile. Hope things are going well for you.
As for myself, I've been puttering away on Mists beta here and there, checking things out. On live, I've been mostly PvPing. I just acquired the full set of Season 11 Cataclysmic Gladiator. I'm getting some raiding in as well, the guild is working knocking out Dragon Soul on a regular basis and setting it's sights on getting back into Firelands, having not killed Ragnoros yet. Also I'm still working away on achievements. 150,000 HKs is within my sights! I have the top slot in achievement points the guild.