I'm a very new, and very noobie player. I am finally lvl70, with a MC CoreHound, But I notice I'm not really doing enough DPS, I think, What can I do to do better, or equip myself with, enchantments. How do I upgrade my bow? Thanks for the patience.
Heres my character: http://www.wowarmory.com/chara.....eokehunter
Grats on getting the MC Core Hound btw.
As far as your DPS goes... I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you're account hasn't been upgarded to a WotLK account.
A big part of your problem is low level gear.
Apart from that, a couple of things I noticed...
- You've got certain pieces itemized with improper hunter stats. Your legs and your helm have spellpower and defense respectively. You also have a firey enchant on your 2h, which isn't helping you any either. To better understand what stats you need for your hunter, read this guide.
- You've stacked a lot of stamina. This will obviously help you and your pet's survivabiity, but at the expense of your DPS.
- Your spec needs work if you're trying to raise your DPS. Try this one out: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#.....st0e:bVZMz. Use the glyphs I suggested as well. It'll be a good DPS spec, plus it still has some survivability talents mixed in for leveling.
- You have no leveled professions. That could help you out somewhat. I like Leatherworking and Skinning for noobs, because you can craft your own armor from the mats you collect. Mining and skinning would be alright too, and would be very cost-effective. Mining gives no bosst to DPS but it does buff your health some.
I have more to add, but I'd rather wait until I know what your objectives are.
So, what is it you want to tailor this hunter for? Instances, leveling, BGs, questing, a little of everything..?
Let me know.
Oh man, thank you so much for the reply!!!. There are some people who make you want to quit this game, and then there are those that really make this game enjoyable. TY
I'm not sure what all of the things you mentioned lvl, pvp, bgs, etc. are, but I'll try to let you know what I'm doing and would like to do
I started playing just recently, because my kids wanted to do recruit a friend, so I played. I really enjoy hunting for rare hunter pets.
I like doing the dungeons for drops, but I don't want to embarrass the hunter class, by not doing enough dps, or sucking, lol, and the drops aren't really giving me anything better.
I might do Arenas, for better armor, and weapons, but my kid says, thats for lvls
The low lvl gear I think is mostly from sucky drops, and I lvld too fast, from recruit a freind, but I have no idea how to get better armor, equipment. The good stuff seems to only drop from heroic dungeons, but you need to be at lvl right?
I did alot of battlegrounds to lvl quicker, but it didn't help me except for lvling.
The reason I'm mining, is for money to buy stuff, I never realized that the professions actually helped out your stats. I started fishing to sell fish, and I was trying to see if I could get the turtle mount.
I'm just really enjoying the game, and everything in it, but I don't want to suck, or get kicked, because my dps sucks
Not sure if theres anything else you need to know, let me know.
August 2, 2010
First, I'm from Germany, so you'll probably don't understand everything what I say.
- With Mining, Skinning and Herbalism you can make really good money…
Just take some time in your current leveling areas to farm and farm til your bags are full with mats you get from such collecting professions.
Put them in the auction house and check what other people want for the same thing before. (you can find them in the big cities of azeroth, but not in Shattrath or Dalaran… Orgrimmar or Thunderbluff for example..)
I tried this with herbalism and with all herbs you can get in Northrend I made some nice amount of money.
- In my opionion you don't really need to equip yourself in dungeons while leveling to .
Just take a good spec from Garwulfs posting and learn how you easily take down the mobs your fighting.
Utilities like Feign Death and the threat abilities of your pet help you not to get attention from your mobs, so your pets gets the damage and you can shoot. Then heal your pet with Mend Pet and restore your mana with Aspect of the Viper.
By the way, Aspect of the Viper is a really powerful tool in each part of the game:
- Leveling your character
- Doing battlegrounds (Player versus Player = PvP)
- Doing dungeons (Player versus Environment = PvE)
And the most important point is NOT to get stressed by other players or the community.
You don't need the newest Set items as fast as possible, just have fun while tracking down beatiful exotic pets or something.
I hope I could help you a little bit and you understand my bad English skills.
*edit: I would recommend Mining and Herbalism for the beginning.
The higher your profession level is, the more money you'll get - and the money you'll get from Northrend stuff is huge when you pay attention on auction house prices for these items.