Please consider registering
August 17, 2009
Here is a breakdown of what changes are coming for Hunters in patch 6.1 next Tuesday.
- Beast Mastery
- Improved Focus Fire now grants an 8% increase to attack power per Frenzy stack consumed (up from 5%).
- Careful Aim now increases critical strike chance of Steady Shot, Focusing Shot, and Aimed Shot by 50% (down from 60%).
- Chimaera Shot damage increased by 30.4%.
- Sniper Training is now 25% more effective.
- Trap Mastery no longer reduces the cooldown of all traps and Black Arrow by 6 seconds.
- Black Arrow now has a cooldown of 24 seconds (down from 30 seconds).
- Enhanced Traps now reduces the cooldown on all traps by 33% (down from 50%).
- Hunter Pets
- Basilisks now have a pet family ability. Stone Scales reduces damage taken by the pet. Previously, Basilisks did not have a pet family ability.
- Hydra pets should no longer be excessively large.
- Spirit Beast's Spirit Beast Blessing now also provides a 5% increase to critical strike chance. Does not stack with other critical strike chance buffs. Previously, other exotic pet families provided buffs to 2 stats while Spirit Beasts provided only 1.
Overall BM isn't getting much of a change, aside from being more focus efficient.
The change to careful aim is particularly painful as this makes MM crit soft cap 53% instead of 43%. I'm not sure it's feasible to try and reach the crit cap without sacrificing too much in other secondary stats like Multistrike. The increased damage of Chimaera shot should mean a decent increase in DPS, and gives me more reason to stay MM personally. Increase in sniper training effectiveness will bring me up to about 10% now. It might be worthwhile to stack Mastery of Multishot, at least for certain boss fights.
The changes to traps for survival are probably a PVP based nerf, and they will nerf PvE DPS somewhat since explosive trap will not be available as often. Black Arrow cooldown means you are spending focus on it more often in PvE and is a little annoying, but a very small nerf, while being a buff for PVP since you will be able to use it more often.
All in all the biggest change seems to have occurred for MM and we'll have to see how much of a DPS change it makes for me on the raiding front.
Most Users Ever Online: 485
Currently Browsing this Page:
AFK for a bit: 366
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:Tonyburgos, Nautsit1, kimly451451n, ntanzi elvis, buycanadianpassport, Simettjohn2, carlosgray, billtomson02, magic money brotherhood occult, wanviwir2, Khemical
Moderators: Anj: 461, Takaas: 870, Niika: 1012, Drach: 491, Drackmire: 0
Administrators: Garwulf: 1003