July 13, 2010
first of all. thanks for this awesome site. it’s my hunter wikipedia. my first question is: does a pet keep attacking if I go into deterrence, feign death, or shadowmeld? secondly, i have really noob gear right now and im 60. i just started doing bg’s and im having a lot of fun so i would like to gear up better. i wanted to get the field marshall set but i’ve read in some places that its better to save the honor points and wait for the level 70 set. what is your opinion? again, i have really noob gear right now. also, if you get a chance, could you give me a good talent build(for
bg’s) for level 60? and talent build for chimera pet also? thanks!!!!! I started using your macros and they’re truly amazing, especially against those rogues that used to ruin my fun.
The only thing that will turn off your pet's auto-attack is CC (e.g., freezing trap). If you feign Death to leave combat, then you need to pull your pet back as well.
I'm also presently leveling a hunter through BGs, so I can give you some advice on the gear. Personally, I wouldn't blow the honor on lvl 60 PvP epics. I'd go with outland greens and blues, as well as some of the crafted items available in the 60s.
You won't be using the items for very long, so I'd suggest banking your honor and saving it for a head-start at . The cap is 75K, so if you do start to get close you may want to pick something up, otherwise it will just get wasted.
Some good items to get in the 60s and other various tips:
- Outland quest greens with +hit
- Felscale armor is pretty cheap, but decent. You could stick the stamina armor kits on it for a little extra health, but still stay on budget.
- Blue JC necklace. It's available around level 65 and has 2 red sockets in it.
- Put Icewalker on your boots. It's pretty cheap to buy off the ah and will give you some much needed hit for this bracket.
At 60, I would go with a build like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#.....mu0esu:VZM
Your second major Glyph could be one of the following:
- Glyph of the Hawk – Would provide some added DPS, but would depend upon your play style. It would give you a 9% IAS (w/ the 1 point in IAotH) which would be nice as long as you were out of the fray and able to free cast.
- Glyph of Disengage – Best glyph for survivability.
- Glyph of Mending – If you lose your pet a lot, then this glyph will help keep him up.
I like this build for a 60 Chimaera: http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc.....i0s0zkh0bk
July 13, 2010
Here are a couple more nice upgrades for the 60-69 bracket which you should look at:
- " rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.wowhead.com/item=310 - This trinket should be blue IMO, but regardless, it's an awesome upgrade - especially for PvP. The extra stam is nice, but what's really sweet is the 2%+ added hit.
- http://www.wowhead.com/item=31547 - You can start on this quest chain at 65. I finished up the final quest last night at 66. It's relatively tough to do solo, but not impossible. Just make sure to use a tenacity pet. This is an awesome helm for this level.
- The rare croc who swims in the waters of Nagrand drops some superior quality bracers with a random enchantment. If you can get some hunter stats on them, then that'd be a nice grab.
- 32" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.wowhead.com/item=232 - This is a really nice cloak you can get from a quest in Nagrand. Solo-able at 66.
I'll post more ideas as I get them.