May 29, 2010
Not much going on around here so I figured I would post something. As I started college recently, I haven't had much time for raiding so I've been PvPing a lot more when I do get time to play. I made a ranking list of versus, from most difficult to the ones I usually can win. NOTE: This is not a rant post and does not include healer specs, simply because one on one you aren't going to kill a healer. This is also keeping in consideration that my opponents are of equal gearing to myself.
- Warrior .......... I still have a great difficulty with this class. All the stuns and charges, plus the damage they do and the self heal make this an incredibly difficult fight and I rarely win. I usually attempt to kite them, but most times it is unsuccessful.
- Shadow Priest .......... I never win against these guys. Their spell damage and dots do me in before I can burn them down.
- Warlock ............ Another one I rarely win at. Between their fears, dots and Fel Guard (if they have it) they make short work of me. Like Mages, ape and Silencing Shot combo seems to be effective on them.
- Rogue ............ This has alway been a difficult fight for me. Like the Warrior, their stuns, snares and damage usually do me in. Garwulf's anti-Rogue macro and my monkey have helped bring my odds up in winning against this class. The Concussive Shot glyph helps out as well. They don't get the jump on me as often as they used to.
- Mage ............. Frost Mages with their incredible amount of crowd control and Fire with their stuns and crazy damage make this a difficult fight. If I can manage to keep at range and tranq off their sheild and buffs, then I can manage a win. My ape comes in handy for this fight as well. Pummel with Silencing Shot does wonders. Their Slow spell is incredibly annoying for a Hunter.
- Death Knight ........... Used to be a very frustrating and difficult fight, till I found how easy I can kite them. I stay a max range and their isn't much they can do, unless they are Unholy and their ghoul can nail you, but there you just crowd control it. Don't get me wrong, it's still a difficult fight, especially if they get in on you, its hard to get back out to max range. Oh and I rarely send my pet in against them, they don't have anything to self heal off of then.
- Druid ............... Used to be up their with Rogues on my difficulty scale, but using Scare Beast, Scatter Shot, Blind (monkey) and Tranq Shot has made this a much easier fight. Some of the better Druids will watch for me casting Scare Beast and transform out of beast form, but this has proven rare. Boomkins I tranq off all their buffs and use ape/Silencing Shot combo on them. It's not always a win for me, but my confidence against them has improved as well as my win percentage.
- Hunter.............. I have a pretty good win percentage against fellow Hunters. I can usually burn them down faster then they can me. Usually because I disarm them with my bird of prey. Beastmaster is usually a difficult fight with their pet damage. There I usually try to get them to burn their bestial wrath then crowd control their pet.
- Shaman ............ Tranq off their buffs and it becomes a much easier fight. Ape/Silencing Shot combo seems to work well on them.
- Paladin ............. They are insanely easy to kite. I make sure to tranq Hand of Freedom and it's usually a win for me. If they do get the drop on me, I save my trinket for Hammer of Justice and disenage back out to range. If they bubble I usually get out of town and wait for it to fall off. I watch for when they get low in life and Silencing Shot them to stop Lay on Hands. The only thing Pallies have going for them is their burst damage, so staying at range is key. Bird of prey is usually my pet choice here.
Most Users Ever Online: 126
Currently Browsing this Page:
AFK for a bit: 366
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:jessieys1, sarahrx69, hilarylh16, stephaniesw4, earliy60, rachellekf60, fernandomd60, odessapv4, tracyfc60, MarkAmulk, bethrr69
Moderators: Anj: 461, Takaas: 870, Niika: 1012, Drach: 491, Drackmire: 0
Administrators: Garwulf: 1003