May 29, 2010
Keep in mind it is beta yet, these things may and probably will change.
- Stampede: level 87 ability for all hunter specs, Stampede (we don’t know the official name yet) will let hunters bring out their active stable of pets all at once for a short duration, long cooldown burst dps.
- Beast Cleave: level 24 BM hunter ability. After you Multi-Shot, your pet’s melee attacks also strike all other nearby enemy targets for the next 5 sec.
- Kill Command: level 10. Changed to be BM-only, and now works as long as your pet is within 25 yards of the target. This fixes loads of positioning bugs that the current 5-yard melee range has, where at times a pet in melee could not Kill Command due to oddities of hit box size or geometry.
- Steady Shot: MM only
- Cobra Shot: BM and SV only
- Bestial Wrath: cooldown lowered to 1 minute, down from 2 minutes. (Note that due to Longevity going away, this is effectively decreasing the cooldown by 24 seconds from what BM currently has).
- Beast Mastery: changed so that it still allows the taming of exotic pets, but instead of giving extra pet talents, it lowers the cooldown of pet specials by 30% (and longevity is no longer around — just worth noting that BM currently has (and is losing) a stronger version of this effect).
- Steady Focus: new version of Improved Steady Shot. When you Steady Shot twice in a row your ranged attack speed will be increased by 15% and your Steady Shot will generate 3 additional focus for 10 sec. Note that the duration is 2 sec longer than the current Imp Steady Shot duration, which is amazing for loosening up the MM rotation.
- Black Arrow: changed so that it now deals some direct damage to the target in addition to the DoT, and the DoT affects everyone in the path of the Black Arrow when you fire it. Lock & Load will only proc from the DoT on your target, however. Now has a 2-second cast time, and in Aspect of the Fox you can cast it on the move.
- Viper Venom: new SV ability. You gain 3 Focus each time your Serpent Sting deals damage. This effects has a 3-second cooldown. Note: this cooldown just means that you can’t get this benefit from multiple targets at once.
- Hunter’s Mark: Changed to increase damage by 10% on the marked target: and duration is 30 seconds for PvP, and still 5 minutes for PvE.
- Aspect of the Hawk: Also changed to a percentage increase — 10% AP, again so that this ability will now scale with our gear.
- Trap Launcher: Changed to a toggled ability. If it’s toggled on, every trap you use will be launched (thus you can get a one-button trap launcher macro (well, one to get target, second to launch). If it’s toggled off you drop traps at your feet like normal.
- Glyphs: Prime glyphs removed and lots of new major and minor glyphs (though we aren’t sure which are which).
- Glyph of Aimed Shot – If used while your Camouflage is active, your Aimed Shot ability also reduces the target’s movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.
- Glyph of Animal Bond – While your pet is active, all healing done to you and your pet is increased by 10%.
- Glyph of Aspect of the Cheetah – Your Aspect of the Cheetah no longer causes you to be dazed when struck. Instead, the effect is cancelled and all your Aspects are placed on a 4 sec cooldown.
- Glyph of Camouflage – Your Camouflage ability now provides stealth even while moving, but your movement speed while Camouflage is active is reduced by 50%.
- Glyph of Chimera Shot – Increases the healing you receive from Chimera Shot by an additional 5% of your maximum health.
- Glyph of Disengage – Increases the distance you travel when you Disengage.
- Glyph of Endless Wrath – While Bestial Wrath is active, your pet cannot be killed, but can still be damaged.
- Glyph of Explosive Trap – Your Explosive Trap also knocks enemies back from the trap when it explodes.
- Glyph of Icy Solace – Your Freezing Trap also removes all damage over time effects from the target.
- Glyph of Marked for Death – Your Arcane Shot, Chimera Shot, Kill Command, and Explosive Shot abilities automatically apply Hunter’s Mark.
- Glyph of Mend Pet – Gives your Mend Pet spell a chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from your pet each tick.
- Glyph of Steady Shot – Your Steady Shot now reduces the target’s movement speed by 50% for 6 sec if used on a target within 8 yards.
- Glyph of Tame Beast – Reduces the time required to complete Tame Beast by (4000/-1000) sec.
- Glyph of Tranquilizing Shot – Your Tranquilizing Shot no longer costs Focus, but has a 10 sec cooldown.
Class and Spec Skills
- Changed 10 Kill Command: Changed to work as long as the pet is within 25 yards of the target (currently requires 5 yards)
- New 24 Beast Cleave: After you Multi-Shot, your pet’s melee attacks also strike all other nearby enemy targets for the next 5 sec.
- 30 Frenzy
- 32 Focus Fire
- Changed 40 Bestial Wrath: Cooldown changed to 60 seconds (currently 2 minutes)
- 43 Cobra Strikes
- 58 Kindred Spirits
- 63 Invigoration
- Changed 69 Beast Mastery: Changed to also reduce the cooldown of pet specials by 30% (current give 4 pet talents). Still gives ability to tame exotics.
- 81 Cobra Shot
- Master of Beasts (mastery)
- 10 Aimed Shot
- 20 Careful Aim
- 30 Concussive Barrage
- 45 Bombardment
- 58 Master Marksman
- 60 Chimera Shot
- New 63 Steady Focus: When you Steady Shot twice in a row your ranged attack speed will be increased by 15% and your Steady Shot will generate 3 additional focus for 10 sec.
- 72 Piercing Shots
- Wild Quiver (mastery)
- 10 Explosive Shot
- 43 Lock and Load
- Changed 50 Black Arrow: Deals direct weapons damage to the target, and applies a 20-second DoT to the target and any enemy in the path of the Black Arrow on the way to the target. Lock & Load only procs from the DoT on the target.
- 55 Entrapment (current just a 20-sec DoT to your target with no direct damage component)
- New 63 Viper Venom: You gain 3 Focus each time your Serpent Sting deals damage. This effect has a 3 second cooldown (meaning essentially that you only get the focus benefit from the sting on one target: stinging multiple targets won’t net you extra focus).
- 64 Trap Mastery
- 68 Serpent Spread
- 81 Cobra Shot
- Essence of the Viper (mastery)
Note: class skills have not yet been updated with the beta info — this is older info from the Blizzard talent calculator.
- 1 Weapon Skills (bows, crossbows, guns, axes, daggers, fist weapons, polearms, staves, swords)
- 1 Armor Skills (cloth and leather, at lvl 40 mail)
- 1 Call Pet 1
- 1 Auto Shot
- 1 Revive Pet
- 1 Arcane Shot
- 1 Mail Specialization
- 1 Focused Aim (reduce pushback during steady/cobra by 70%)
- 3 Steady Shot
- 4 Track Beasts
- 8 Concussive Shot
- 10 Beast Lore
- 10 Kill Command (This appears to still be a core class skill, rather than a spec-specific one for BM, but we expect that to change based on Blizzard comments)
- 10 Tame Beast
- 10 Serpent Sting
- 11 Dismiss Pet
- 11 Feed Pet
- 12 Aspect of the Hawk
- 12 Track Humanoids
- 14 Hunter’s Mark
- 15 Scatter Shot
- 16 Eagle Eye
- 16 Mend Pet
- 18 Call Pet 2
- 18 Track Undead
- 22 Immolation Trap
- 24 Aspect of the Cheetah (still the old version)
- 24 Multi-Shot
- 26 Track Hidden
- 28 Freezing Trap
- 32 Feign Death
- 34 Track Elementals
- 35 Kill Shot
- 35 Tranquilizing Shot
- 36 Scare Beast
- 36 Track Demons
- 38 Flare
- 42 Call Pet 3
- 46 Ice Trap
- 46 Track Giants
- 48 Trap Launcher
- 52 Distracting Shot
- 52 Track Dragonkin
- 54 Rapid Fire
- 56 Aspect of the Pack
- 62 Call Pet 4
- 66 Snake Trap
- 74 Master’s Call
- 76 Misdirection
- 78 Deterrence
- 81 Cobra Shot
- 82 Call Pet 5
- 83 Aspect of the Fox
- 85 Camouflage