Looking over the patch notes today I saw a few more things of note. These being changes that mainly affect Night Elf Hunters that have Skinning as a profession, such as myself. Not to mention the greatest change of all…
Too long have I pained and agonized over the inability to open clams while riding a vehicle, sitting, mounted, stealthed, and invisible…but NO more!
The suffering is over. With 3.08, BLIZZARD is about to introduce a wealth of options for clam opening.
Players can now open clams while riding a vehicle, sitting, mounted, stealthed, and invisible.
Praise you, Blizzard! It’s good to know that you’re listening to the legions of fans who’ve been pushing for less restrictive clam opening options.
Racial restrictions on mounts have now been lifted. Night elves on mechanostriders? Tauren on raptors? You’re not seeing things.
Finally I can have my Mechanostrider! 😀
The run speed in spirit form has been increased by 50%. Night Elves in Wisp form will now move at 75% speed.
That rules. Of course, I have to die first in order to see that benefit, which very rarely happens. 🙄
I’d posted these earlier but here they are again in case anyone hasn’t seen them. Mostly bad news. 🙁
- All Hunter pet abilities with a cooldown of 30 seconds or more are no longer on the global cooldown.
- Aspect of the Wild – This aspect is now raid-wide.
- Call of the Wild: The benefit from this pet talent now applies to only the Hunter and their own pet.
- Deterrence: Design changed to grant 100% parry and 100% chance to “deflect” spells coming from the front, but prevents the Hunter from attacking. Lasts 5 sec. 60 sec. cooldown.
- Improved Tracking(Survival): This talent has been slightly re-designed. Now reads: While tracking Beasts, Demons, Dragonkin, Elementals, Giants, Humanoids and Undead, all ranged damage done to those types is increased by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Kill Shot – Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds, down from 35 sec.
- Kindred Spirits: This talent now grants only 3/6/9/12/15% pet damage.
- The coefficient of Rake (Cat) and Scorpid Venom (Scorpid) has been lowered.
- Readiness: No longer resets the cooldown on Bestial Wrath.
- Steady Shot: Now gains 10% of attack power as damage instead of 20%.
- Serpent’s Swiftness: This talent now grants only 2/4/6/8/10% bonus attack speed to pet. The hunter attack speed bonus is unchanged.
- Unleashed Fury: This talent now grants only 3/6/9/12/15% pet damage.
- Viper Sting: Now drains a percentage of maximum mana.
- Volley: The damage has been reduced on all ranks by approximately 30% (including attack power scaling).
- Glyph of Deterrence: Now -10 seconds instead of -20
- Increased the critical strike rating granted by ranks 5 and 6 of Master of Anatomy.
Very good change. I hear it’s going up 7 points. While not fabulous or as good as other Profession bonuses (Inscription for example), it’ll help keep me skinning.