…as a game mechanic that is.
One recent change that’s been implemented on the Patch 4.1 PTR is this:
- The Happiness/Pet Loyalty System has been removed. Hunters will no longer have to manage Happiness for their pets, and the previous damage bonus for pets being happy will now be baseline for all tamed pets.
As a result, pet talents that used to provide happiness have been updated as well…
- Bloodthirsty no longer generates Happiness.
- Carrion Feeder no longer restores Happiness.
- Guard Dog no longer causes Growl to generate additional Happiness.
And since we no longer have to worry about pet happiness… the Glyph of Mend Pet has become totally irrelevant, and instead changed into this:
- Glyph of Mend Pet is now Glyph of Greater Proportion, which increases the size of the pet slightly.
Honestly, what in the hell is this good for..? Other than for vanity reasons, why on earth would anyone want a bigger pet? It’s bad for both PvE and PvP… Someone help me out here, because this just seems silly to me. I don’t get it. [Read more…] about Hunter pets have lost all happiness