After starting the week out at somewhere around a paltry 126 hit rating, I now have enough +hit on my gear to not only attain the cap, but to also re-gem if need be. With all of my new +hit blues and purples I am able to exceed the 263 hit rating (~8%) needed vs. bosses. Not only that, I’ve managed no less than 10 gear upgrades in the past week which is pretty solid I’d say. If you are LFM need 1 DPS, then G2G… I’m your man. 😉 I love the WotLK Dungeons.
Here’s a list of the loots I’ve gotten over the past week via one Malygos run, one Vaults run and an average of 2 heroics per night. Not too shabby me thinks.
- Incisor Fragment – I’ve run heroic Drak’Tharon 3 times this past week and each time King Dred has dropped this trinket. It’s not bad, but I’d much rather have him give me his helm.
- Pendant of the Outcast Hero – The first item I bought with my Emblems of Heroism.
- Black Ice – Possibly my most favoritest 2h ever. BTW, check out the sexy Night Elf Hunter posing with this in the image on Wowhead. 😉
- Dragon Slayer’s Sabatons – Really nice pre-raid Hunter boots.
- Handgrips of the Savage Emissary – Good PvE improvement over my Swiftarrow Gauntlets.
- Boots of the Neverending Path – Although they’re leather, these boots rock for Hunters. 66 hit rating, 51 agility and 122 attack power. I’m sporting these now over my Dragon Slayer’s Sabatons.
- Heroes’ Cryptstalker Legguards – Easiest Dungeon set piece I’ve ever gotten. Dropped for me on a 10-man Vault of Archavon run that took all of about ten minutes. Why didn’t I start doing these sooner is what I’ve been asking myself..?!
- Mirror of Truth – The second item I’ve purchased with Emblems of Heroism. And yes… it does proc off of ranged attacks… a lot. Definitely a fantastic Hunter trinket.
- Mobius Band – Very nice stats for a Hunter. Drops off of Chrono-Lord Epoch in The Culling of Stratholme.
- Hateful Gladiator’s Wristguards of Triumph – My only PvP-specific upgrade, but a decent one nonetheless.
Had I’d known earlier how fun the Dungeons were in Wrath of the Lich king I’d have been running them a lot sooner. I’m so accustomed to the pre-vanilla WoW days when a PuG heroic would sometimes mean a 3 hour wipefest only to end with someone going AWOL just before the final boss. Being the nice guy that I am, I always felt bad about leaving a group high and dry in a late-night instance so I’d ususally end up sticking with it until the eventual implosion. However, these new WotLK dungeons are extremely painless and very profitable compared to the old days.
I’m all about the LFG channel now. 🙂