Please consider registering
May 29, 2010
(1) we could only lay traps when out of combat.
(2) we could only have one trap out at a time.
(3) we were the only "real" crowd control because we could trap anything.
(4) Survival was an actual melee talent tree.
(5) The Survival tree had a melee attack that had a bleed effect.
(6) Aimed Shot was availabe to every tree, had a 3 second cast time and if crit shot could take out some oppenents in one shot.
(7) Night Elves could used Aimed Shot while in Shadow Meld.
( Pets didnt have special abilities, but had different attack speeds.
(9) Readiness was part of the Survival tree.
(10) Hunter's Mark could not be dispelled. (Rogues really hated us then.)
Please, add to the list of things you remember about Hunters from the past.
August 16, 2010
Remember when we had mana.
August 1, 2010
August 16, 2010
Not me. I haven't played my hunter seriously since 4.0.1. I just couldn't get into the swing and I did not enjoy it.
September 12, 2010
1) You had to go out and train another pet to learn an ability yourself. THEN xfer that to the pet you wanted to use.
2) You could tell a good hunter by their pet and they had Rank 6 Bite and not by the skin of the pet.
3) Trap dancing enough said
5) Hunter's couldn't use Serpent Sting because raid boss' were only allowed so many dots on them at a time!!
I'll add more later.. I still love the hunter class. But lately I have faltered away from it, this makes me miss old times.
Best PVP pet - Brokentooth (less than 1.0 attack speed, so casters weren't casting)
Best open world pet - King Bangalash (was able to run down people on epic mounts)
Remember when Hunters didn't have misdirect, and had to pull in instances like MC by using distracting shot (or any other shot) to pull the mob, back up, and have the tank intercept the mob while they feigned death in order to drop their own aggro and hand it off to the tank?
Remember when Hunters didn't come with Tranqshot, and had to go into Molten Core and defeat a boss to get it?
Remember when Hunters had to get the leaf from Majordomo, and the black sinew from Onyxia in order to do what I, to this day, consider one of the greatest quest chains in the game? (Hunters vs Demons), where we had to do most of the fights solo, using our Hunter abilities as the demons achilies heel? I think that specific quest taught a Hunter how to play a Hunter.
September 12, 2010
The hunter epic quest is by far the greatest quest chain in the game. Anyone that hasn't done it needs to, and any hunter that got it done pre-bc (or atleast before lvl 70) deserves some serious respect (myself included )
Remember when hunter raid dps was so bad that the only way Blizz could get guilds to take them along was to invent the Frenzy mechanic and make hunters the only ones able to dispel it? And then they made the bosses use it more often than the CD so you needed to work out a rotation just to get past them, and of course you needed to bring an extra hunter just incase one of the rotation hunters missed!
Remember when Blizz thought it'd be fun to take advantage of the fact that most of our shots actually dealt spell damage so they made the AQ40 set with spellpower on it?
Remember when traps had a 2sec cast time, and then they removed the cast time but made them have a 2sec 'setup' time so you could drop them onthe run but the mob would already have walked over it by the time it was ready to go off?
Remember when all traps were on the same Cooldown?
Remember when Arcane and Aimed shot shared a Cooldown?
Remember when if you didn't have a macro to take your weapon off during the Nefarion fight you'd end up being usless for the entire encounter?
I've got more….but i'll stop XD
1) The hunter epic quest is by far the greatest quest chain in the game. Anyone that hasn't done it needs to, and any hunter that got it done pre-bc (or atleast before lvl 70) deserves some serious respect (myself included )
2) Remember when if you didn't have a macro to take your weapon off during the Nefarion fight you'd end up being usless for the entire encounter?
I got it pre-bc, pre respawn nerf, so if you lost, or Horde despawned the demon, you couldn't try again for 6 hours (if another Hunter didnt already use it, which meant another 6 hours.) Before BC, they nerfed the respawn timer to like 15 minutes...so it was easy to keep doing the quest and getting good at it. Was a lot harder when you got to practice once every 6 hours, IF you were lucky enough to find the demon. The one I had the hardest time with was in Wintergrasp. :/
I was an Engineer, so when I forgot to swap my bow during Nefarian, I'd drop a repair bot and fix it.
I still carry 8/8 Dragonstalker, my Lok'delar and Rhok'delar in my bags, and put it on every once in a while and watch 5000 people inspect me.
Most Users Ever Online: 485
Currently Browsing this Page:
AFK for a bit: 366
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:carlosgray, billtomson02, magic money brotherhood occult, wanviwir2, Khemical, Rosario, Papa Lupita The Spells Caster, angeleena, paolo, ielts1, zee2020
Moderators: Anj: 461, Takaas: 870, Niika: 1012, Drach: 491, Drackmire: 0
Administrators: Garwulf: 1003