March 3, 2010
My earlier post was an April Fools joke. Here are real reasons why I'm not moving to Rift.
1. Bad form. “It's not Azeroth anymore.” is really not a friendly way to invite new players. It's focusing on the negative right off the bat.
2. Too real. I like the cartoony feel of WoW! I've tried D&D Online, LOTRO, Guild Wars, and the other Korean MMORPGs. where graphics are too nice — maybe some people like realism but I really want to escape RL when I'm in WoW. (And I hate those games that say they're playable but only if you set it to the lowest settings.)
3. Related to #2. Rift feels like an upgrade to (those MMORPGs I listed above) but with a brand new (cough WoW cough) interface.
4. Time tested content. Blizzard has spent countless hours developing content. Nothing can match it. It's like saying your Catan is a big as Middle Earth.
5. Mac support. I honestly believe that only true game developers offer support to the Mac.
/dance /bow See you around!
May 28, 2010
February 24, 2011
While Rift is certainly very pretty, I doubt I'll ever even buy it. I'd play it if it were given to me, because I'm always interested in new things, especially when it comes to RPGs.
I do like the idea of having multiple roles in one character. I love the idea of a “ranger/healer/rogue/wizard” type, lol. Maybe too much to keep track of, but I think the “Trinity” of class roles we see in WoW (and many other games) of Healer, Tank, DPS, is too restrictive and could stand some tweaking. It sounds like Rift made strides in that area, but as others have said, not so much that it would pull me away from WoW.
July 3, 2010
I'm of a different beast. I love the people i've collected over the years. And none of them are moved enough by Rift to drift off.
Good thing too, since i'm on a mac. :-p
April 10, 2010
Aside from the fact that I too like the so called 'cartoony' look of WoW (If I want reality I, you know, go out in the real world) I suck so bad at WoW the last thing I need is a new learning curve. My lil head would surely explode.
Not knowing you aren't supposed to be able to achieve something often ensures that you will. Book of Agio 22:2
September 8, 2010
I know right, I'm sticking with WoW because they're the only ones thus far that have reached out to us Mac users, everyone else just gives us the finger and doesn't even try!
Glad you're staying Anj, I was shocked when I read your April fool's post, I totally bought it, mainly because you posted it on the 31st, or at least that's my story and i'm sticking to it!
March 3, 2010