About two and a half months ago, when I first realized the Wrecking Ball achievement existed, I made it a personal goal to go after it ASAP. I spent the first 2 nights queueing one BG after another, with my best effort being a 22-1 Warsong Gulch where I got to 19-1 before being ganked by an UD Rogue with me at 30% and no cooldowns.
Since that was my first attempt at “truly going for it”, I figured it was just a stroke of bad luck. But you know what… this achievement is pretty hard to get for casual PvPers.
Now I know I may be a little late coming to the party here, but for players that aren’t Ret Pallies or Death Knights, this is a pretty difficult achievement. Without a pocket healer that is…
There are a few things that make this achievement pretty difficult to obtain…
- Number one, you have to land 20 killing blows before you die yourself. You can assist in killing five times that many players, but unless you’re the one who lands the KB, you’re ass-out.
- If you’re playing to win a BG, sometimes you have to enter into adverse situations where you’re most likely going to die, but for the good of the team. This is the definition of “Taking one for the team”, and it’s something I pride myself upon. I will charge into a 1v4 situation in Warsong Gulch without hesitation in order to get my FC across the field. If I see 3 Horde trying to cap in Arathi Basin, there’s no doubt I’m going to get all up in their mix until help arrives. Of course, that usually means certain death, but it’s For The Win.
- If you don’t have a healer looking out for you, then you’re definitely going to have issues.
- If you’re not a hardy, plate wearing class, you’re going to have some trouble being a “Wrecking Ball”.
- Lastly… no matter how much ass you kick, you need to be in a battleground that lasts long enough for you to get twenty killing blows. This is the hardest part in my opinion.
Needless to say, I got my final killing blow while defending the Gold Mine with seconds to spare. I was so happy. 🙂
Wrecking Ball has eluded me no more.
By the way, did I mention I’m using a Worm for PvP now..? I didn’t, did I.
Let me tell you… BM Hunter + Worm = Win.